Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A look back



Ok; It's finally here! Tomorrow will be my 10th Wedding Anniversary! I feel like a kid on Christmas! Althought it's not like I'm getting anything materialistic tomorrow; it's just a milestone. We did however get our gift cards in the mail back from Chase so our dinner reservations are still on. Just have to make sure that my dress fits as I have gained 10 pounds since Thanksgiving, ugh :( My sister is great with all the sappy, lovey-dovey stuff. I am in my mind but not on paper. Roy if you are reading (since you know about the blog now); I treasure the last 10 years, for better or worse (we have definitely had both). I cherish our little moments together and how we have grown as a couple; and seen our relationship change once we took on our parental roles. I cannot think of anyone I would rather have at my side on this journey. We definitely even each other out; ying and yang. Here is to another 10, I LOVE YOU, BABE! (like a fat kid loves cake.. and that's a lot!) you know which kid and what cake ;) Here is a look at 10 years ago; December 31, 1999.




Mr. & Mrs. Roy Martin Jr.



Cutting the Cake



Cutting the Groom's Cake



My New In-laws
L-R Jodye, Vanessa, Melanie, Roy, Roy Sr, Linda, Tina



My Family
L-R Meredith, Morgan, Melanie, Mom, Roy and Dad



My Father and me
RIP- Odis Jerald Gibbons 4/23/2007

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!
Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Happy Anniversary, Best Wishes, All Our Love - all that good stuff. :)

    I am both happy for y'all and proud of you both. It has been a priviledge to be a part of your special day and the life you two have built together. :) Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete